Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Take a decision : Part 3 Vitamin D

Dear Readers, 

               It's been long time I wrote articles on this blog. Happy to come back with new article. Last week I was talking to my mentor about some future plans for my business & career and he was suggesting me to move forward and publish more articles which is helping lot of people to take good decisions with their health management. So I decided to keep this blog page update date with helpful information. Today I am going to write about Effects and symptoms of Vitamin D decisions. 

I remember when I went for my annual checkup, my Doctor explained me about Vitamin D importance, she is doing her work related topic in Stanford Medical research. She explained very clearly about how Vitamin D deficiency can cause cancer. For every healthy body Vitamin D levels must be around 50ng/ml, any thing below that will be considered as deficiency. I remember that I was thinking why I will have vitamin D deficiency as I am exposed to sun for some time in a day and taking some good food which has Vitamin D. After looking at my Vitamin D levels report my thoughts are wrong I asked my Dr. I had deficiency, I was stunned with the details. Most of us will have high Vitamin D deficiency for sure after knowing these things. Even when we are in sunlight our body might not be able to make Vitamin D from sun light its complex process how our body makes vitamin D from. I am not going to talk about that now I would like to keep this article simple. Lets quickly take a look at Cause of vitamin D deficiency and symptoms of deficiency. 

First and foremost thing to talk about is sunlight: lot of us thinks that we will get enough vitamin D from sunlight but there are so many things which we don't know about how our body makes vitamin D from sun light. Lets take look at why our body might not be making enough vitamin D. 


Are you using sunscreen lotion to protect your skin from Sun-damage (UV radiation)   this will block your skin getting sun exposure which can limit your body making vitamin D from sun light. Other limitations are some of us works in indoors this can also limit us from getting necessary  amount of sun light. some of the people are leaving in places where they have limited sun-light that can also cause the deficiency. so i consider one of the cause as Your exposure to sunlight is limited.

You don't consume the recommended levels of the vitamin over time. There is interesting article i wrote in the past related how our body might fall deficiency for any Vitamins or Minerals. Click here to read you will understand why we don't consume recommended levels of Vitamin over Time. 


There are some few more reasons, but i highly recommend every one to get Vitamin D level test done if your varmint levels are not according to standard 50ng/ml there there is risk to some of major problems which are caused by Vitamin D deficiency. 
  • You have dark skin
  • Your kidneys cannot convert vitamin D to its active form.
  • Your digestive tract cannot adequately absorb vitamin D

Health issues with deficiency of Vitamin D: 
  • Increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease
  • Cognitive impairment in older adults
  • Severe asthma in children
  • Cancer

By taking high quality Vitamin D supplements we can avoid us from all these things. Personally i used Nutrilite Vitamin D (Nutrilite is worlds #1 Organic vitamin & supplement brand with 75 Years of proven history). After taking this for 90 days and went for Dr. checkout again my Doctor was amazed with the results  initially she recommended high dosage of some over the counter Vitamin D but with the knowledge what i have about dietary supplements i sued this Doctor was really impressed with the results personal she ordered for her usage and started using it. 



Please share your inputs and feed back in comments, you can follow us on our Facebook page for Optimal health (currently its a closed group) but you can request to add you on this page.  

I wish all my readers to get excellent quality of health. Will keep posting with necessary information which every one need to know on regular basis. 

Next article about walking 5K steps per day on daily basis, how to make it a habit?


Additional resources about Vitamin D: 
http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/features/are-you-getting-enough-vitamin-d-calcium





No comments:

Post a Comment