Hope you are enjoying the blog posts and i feel its use full for you, this time i would like to share some information about organic food items. Recently me and my wife we bought a cook book which i we felt very good, Book name VEGETARIAN when we are reading we found few interesting topics in that which i would like to share with all of my blog readers.
In That book they mentioned about why we need to look into organic foods, i think its in page number 7, i will share that information now in this post along with my other views why we need to prefer Organic foods. " The growing use of antibiotics, artificial additives, and chemicals, as well as the introduction of irradiation and genetically-modified foods has added fuel to this concern, In 1995, 46 % of fruits and vegetables analyzed in one study contained pesticide residues. A group of known as organophosphate have been a particular problem in carrots, while the results for celery are also disturbing. People are looking healthier, less processed foods, and the demand for organic foods is growing at a rate of about 30% every year."
These are the words which i found in that book which made me think about this, the reason i want to share this information is lot of people don't know much about why they need to prefer organic foods. There may be so many other reason
Toxic Chemicals Are Not Used In Producing Organic Products : Organic produce is grown without the use of toxic chemicals. The products also undergo a strict quality control procedure and must meet a certain standard before they are certified organic. Because of this, people who patronize organic products have less exposure to toxins that can accumulate in their bodies and affect their health in the future. It's true that most of the chemicals used in farms have been approved by the EPA. Although only chemicals approved by the EPA are used by farmers, there are claims that the research done on these chemicals is not enough to assure the public's safety. For one thing, the effects of consuming these chemicals only manifest after years of exposure to them. These chemicals are actually seen as one of the causes of cancer. There are also some claims that these can also cause depression, anxiety and poor memory. Sometimes, they are even blamed for the occurrence of convulsions, nausea, indigestion and dermatitis.
Organic Foods Can Improve A Child's Behavior : Foods containing sugar, artificial coloring and preservatives can make a child more hyperactive. For this reason, children who consume organic products have more focus and are more well-behaved than those who eat non-organic ones. At the same time, it should be considered that since growing children consume more food than adults, they are more exposed to the disease-causing chemicals mentioned above.
Organic Foods Have More Nutrients : The non-organic products that are used to make produce bigger and more appetizing tend to increase the water content of the crop. At the same time, these products undergo a lot of processes that can strip away the nutrients of the fruits and vegetables. In fact, a study has shown that organic tomatoes have more lycopene than non-organic ones. Another study shows that organic potatoes contain more polyphenols, flavonols and reservatrol.
These claims make organic products a better option for people who are concerned about their health and well-being. As of the moment, several studies are still being done to prove these claims. But, there really is no harm in trying out organic products in order to see if these claims are true.
Some facts about the organic food :
1. Organic products are better for you. When something is “certified organic,” it means that no insecticides, herbicides, fumigants, fungicides, or miticides have been used to treat the plants. Many of the chemicals used to kill insects, weeds and fungus have been found to be carcinogens (cancer-causing). The next time you buy a commercial tomato or apply your favorite lipstick, ask yourself: is it worth the risk?
2. Organic produce is held to a higher standard. Organic foods are more closely regulated by federal and local governments. For example, in the state California, produce must be registered with the State Department of Food and Agriculture and certified by a third-party, non-governmental organization. A three-year land transition period to ensure that the soil is chemical-free is required before any crop harvested from that land can be certified organic.
3. Buying organic is better for communities. The US Department of Agriculture estimates that 50% of all farm products come from only 1% of the farms. It's also estimated that the United States has lost more than 650,000 family farms in the past decade. Buying local, organic products keeps local farmers in business and small communities alive.
4. Organic farming protects farmers. Did you know that farmers are six times more at risk for cancer than in any other job?
5. Buying organic protects water quality. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says that agriculture is responsible for 70% of the pollution to the country's rivers and streams caused by chemicals and animal waste runoff. In fact, the EPA estimates that pesticides—some of them carcinogens—contaminate the groundwater in 38 states. This means that pesticides are polluting the primary source of drinking water for more than half the United States’ population.
6. Organic farming is better for the soil. Organic farmers rotate crops to ensure that soil doesn’t leech or erode. Land that is used by commercial farmers generally experiences a significant greater rate of erosion than that of organic farmers, who use terrace-building and other conservation practices to protect the soil.
7. Organic farming uses less energy. Traditional farming uses more fuel than any other industry—a whopping 12 percent of the country's total energy supply. Many organic farmers weed and till by hand and sell products locally, using less gasoline to harvest and transport crops.
8. Organic farming processes are easier to spell. Try c-o-m-p-o-s-t. Easy, right? Now try d-i-f-e-n-o-c-o-n-i-z-o-l-e. Huh?!
9. Organic food doesn’t have hidden costs. Although you may complain that organic food is more expensive, in reality, it’s really not. Conventional food covers all kinds of hidden costs that are paid by taxpayers, like pesticide regulation and testing, hazardous waste disposal and clean-up, and environmental damage. Buy organic and lower your taxes!
10. Organic food tastes better. More nutrients means better flavor. Happy tummy, happy family. Happy family, happy planet.
In future i would be updating more about organic foods friends read this blog regularly.
feel free to send me email if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
people looking for organic vitamins and food supplements please visit http://vduggirala.qhealthbeauty.com